Two avid cyclists and bike attorneys, Andrew Fischer and Andrew Brodie brought their bicycle law practice from Jason & Fischer to join forces with fellow bike enthusiast and cycling attorney, Jeffrey Glassman for one cause, to help injured bike accident victims. Bike attorneys Fischer and Brodie joined Jeffrey Glassman Injury Lawyers so they could advocate more effectively for injured cyclists who were injured through no fault of their own.Representing cyclists since 1981.
If you’ve been in a bike CRASH — we don’t call it an “accident”, and the idea is catching on — been a victim of road rage or need a lawyer to protect your rights as a cyclist, please call on us. As cyclists and bicycle advocates ourselves, we know what it’s like out there. As skilled attorneys, we know the legal process, and as human beings, we know this whole situation can be daunting, and that plain-speak and support are as valuable to you right now as expert legal counsel. We’ve represented hundreds of cyclists over the years, and can help you protect your rights, too.
In addition to cyclists, we represent clients in areas including personal injury, auto accidents, workers compensation, wrongful death, slip and fall accidents, construction accidents, medical malpractice, drug and medical device recalls, astestos and mesothelioma exposure, social security disability, and civil rights and police misconduct cases.. . And while you may encounter a bike or two parked around our offices, we have the expertise and experience to confidently take on Boston’s big defense firms.Protect Your Rights
Call an attorney first. Before you contact your insurance company or file a police report, it’s important to talk with an attorney who will protect your rights.If You're In A Crash While Biking:
- Write down the name, address and driver’s license number of all drivers involved.
- Get the name of the car’s insurance company from the car’s registration.
- Get the names, addresses and phone numbers of all witnesses.
- Do not contact your insurance company, speak to any other insurance company representative or file a police report until after speaking with an attorney.
- Write a description of any injuries you have and that anyone else has suffered.
- Seek prompt medical treatment.
- Write down details of how the accident happened and damage to your bike, the car, and to anything else.
- If the police investigate, be cooperative but cautious about what you say.
$767,500 awarded to cyclist hit by car. Ocana v. Tabasky
$200,000 awarded to cyclist injured from road construction defect. Tucker v. LoRussox
Cyclist’s right to ride on Route 9 upheld. Federal court assumes cyclist’s right to the road in Hadley. Police settle harassment suit. Damon v. Hukowicz et al
$502,000 settlement for cyclist hit by car. Dixon v. Kornbleuth
$187,500 awarded to cyclist hit by car. Stein v. Santoro
$250,000 awarded to cyclist injured as a result of construction contractor’s violation of contract. Halabi v. Feeney Brothers Const.